During the Coronavirus pandemic, we are taking very serious precautions to protect our patients and our staff:
- Please wear a face mask or cover your nose and mouth during the visit and wash hands / wear gloves if needed.
- Limited non-urgent or non-essential face to face clinic visits, we are offering telemedicine to cover your needs.
- We only offer in office procedures for patients with urgent medical needs or no other alternative or better treatments available.
- All of our staff are wearing masks, fascial shields and gloves. We clean surfaces frequently with disinfectant to serve you.
- Limits visitors and staff and keep social distance as much as possible.
- We screen daily everyone with temperatures, flu-like symptoms such as fever, cough, fatigue, loss of smells and taste, muscle aches, etc and history of close contact with people who has or is suspicious of coronavirus. Please report to us if you have above symptoms or histories.
Your First Visit
When should I arrive?
- You should arrive 10-15 minutes before your scheduled visit time in order to complete all necessary paperwork. Our registration forms can be found at the bottom of the page.
What should I wear?
- You should wear comfortable, loose clothing or athletic wear.
What should I bring?
- Insurance Card or Cards (If you have a secondary insurance)
- Photo Identification (Valid Drivers License or State ID Card, School ID Card, or Passport)
- Parent or guardian, if you are under 18 years of age
CPMR accepts majority of insurances. If a particular insurance is not on this list it does not automatically imply that you cannot be seen. Just call our office at 309-689-8888 to discuss details. Our office staff will contact the insurance company for you.
Please click the following link for our Approved Insurance List
Center for Pain Management & Rehabiliation is not for drug distribution. Drugs are for individual consideration. Our patient care service with drugs is only when all else fails, there is nothing else to offer, and there is a willingness for the patient to allow our team to manage your care.
We recommend or prescribe medication under the terms of controlled substance contract.
Our helpful Patient Accounts team is always available to answer questions related to benefits, billing and payments. They can be reached Monday - Friday at 309-689-8888.
Click a link to download each respective form. Fax the completed form to 309-689-8410 or bring the completed forms to your first visits.
- Initial Consultation Form
- Patient Information Form
- Billing Responsibility
- HIPAA Form
- Notice of Privacy Practices HIPAA
Our Treatments: A Deeper Dive
If you want more in-depth information regarding some of our specific treatments, take a look at these resources below: